I love talking to groups and working with people, from small teams to auditoriums of thousands, and consider my lectures and workshops are an opportunity to help you by sharing my experience and expertise—all while having fun and embracing the joy in our work.
For example, I’ve:
- trained university administrators strengthen their connections with one another and be more present, using a combination of improv comedy and mindfulness practices.
- taught seniors how to understand and identify misinformation on Facebook.
- coached journalists be more effective on social media, and talked to public relationships professionals about interaction between the media and PR professionals.
- created and hosted a keynote presentation at a national student media conference.
- organized and led workshops to help undergraduate orientation leaders embrace failure and get out of their comfort zones.
I’ve honed my presentation and on-stage skills as an improv comedy actor and show host; as a lecturer, debate moderator, and award show presenter; and as a teacher who’s been in front of classrooms for more than 16 years.
All of that makes me very comfortable in front of people and on-camera, but you don’t have to take my word for it. Watch my TEDx Talk below, or read what others have said about me.
You can contact me directly to arrange any kind of appearance, from a lecture to consulting. Here’s how I can help you.
- I can host your event.
- I can share my ideas or experiences by delivering a speech or lecture that will engage and inspire audiences, large or small. For example, I once led the keynote at the country’s largest conference of college journalists, teaching nearly one thousand students how to use the techniques of improv to strengthen their journalism. I also gave a TEDx talk (watch below).
- I can consult and lead workshops on topics relating to mindfulness, popular culture (including reality television), blogging, journalism, social media, student media, nonfiction writing, and more. I’m open to working with any type of group, from small student organizations to large corporate gatherings.
Journalists, podcasters, and researchers
I’m available for media appearances or interviews, via phone, video conference, or in person.
I’m frequently interviewed by journalists, in print and on the radio; have appeared on live television as a talking head many times; and was even a guest on the Duck Dynasty episode of Katie Couric’s daytime talk show.
Teachers and schools
If you’re a teacher using my work in class, I’ll gladly talk with you and your students for free—by video conference, or in person, if that’s possible.
Send me an e-mail message today and let’s talk. I look forward to hearing from you.