I love talking to groups and working with people, from small teams to auditoriums of thousands, and consider my lectures and workshops are an opportunity to help you by sharing my experience and expertise—all while having fun and embracing the joy in our work.
I’ve honed my presentation and on-stage skills as an improv comedy actor and show host; as a lecturer, debate moderator, and award show presenter; and as a teacher who’s been in front of classrooms for more than 18 years.
For example, I’ve:
- trained university administrators to help strengthen their connections with one another and be more present, using a combination of improv comedy and mindfulness practices.
- taught seniors how to understand and identify misinformation on Facebook.
- coached journalists be more effective on social media, and talked to public relationships professionals about interaction between the media and PR professionals.
- created and hosted a keynote presentation at a national student media conference.
- organized and led workshops to help undergraduate orientation leaders embrace failure and get out of their comfort zones.
- talked to independent publishers and bloggers about how to stay passionate as their hobbies become jobs.
You can contact me directly to arrange any kind of appearance, from a lecture to consulting. Here’s how I can help you.
Gab with your group
- I can host or moderate your event. As an improviser and teacher, I’m adept at moderating and asking questions, and making an audience feel welcome and connected while keeping a program on track.
- I can share my ideas or experiences by delivering a speech or lecture that will engage and inspire audiences, large or small. For example, I once led the keynote at the country’s largest conference of college journalists, teaching nearly one thousand students how to use the techniques of improv to strengthen their journalism. I also gave a TEDx talk (watch below).
Transform your team
I can consult and lead small-group workshops on topics including:
- effective communication
- connecting with teammates
- using improvisation and mindfulness techniques to solve problems
I’m open to working with any type of group, from small student organizations to large corporate gatherings.
Meet your media needs
I’m available for media appearances or interviews.
I’m comfortable with whatever you need: I’m frequently interviewed by journalists, in print and on the radio; have appeared on live television as a talking head; and was even a guest on the Duck Dynasty episode of Katie Couric’s daytime talk show.
Connect with your class
If you’re a teacher, I’ll gladly talk with you and your students for free virtually. We can chat about something I’ve written, or any of these subjects:
- reality TV
- gender in media
- journalism and how it’s evolving
- blogging and publishing online
- writing and creative nonfiction
- mindful use of social media