More than 25 years ago, I made my on-stage debut as Michael in my elementary school’s production of Peter Pan, a role that required me to pad around the stage in my red sleeper pajamas carrying my sister’s teddy bear, which had been unceremoniously pried from her fingers by my parents hours earlier.
Today, I love talking to groups, small and large, to share my passion for reality television, social media, and the benefits of improvisational comedy (it’ll change your life: really). I can work with you to examine what you’re doing well and what needs to be improved: your approach to social media, or how well you work as a team. I can also share my experiences, from turning a hobby—watching TV—into a career.
I’m available to speak or lead workshops on topics relating to reality television, popular culture, journalism, student media, social media, TV, nonfiction writing, and blogging, and am glad to talk to any type of group, from small student organizations to large corporate gatherings. Some of the sessions and topics I’ve presented on in the past are listed below, but this is not an exhaustive list.
If you’re interested in having me do any of those things, or something else, let’s talk. I promise I’ll leave my sleeper pajamas at home. Contact me today.
- - - - - - -
- Tools that will Improve Your Social Media Following
- Make Your Blog (and You) Popular
- How to Turn Your Passion and Opinion into a Career
- How I Became a TV Critic and Magazine Writer
- How You Can Improv Your Journalism
- Using Improv Comedy to Make Your Staff a Better Team
- Avoid Conflict by Creating a Vision and Mission